Welcome to Lawrence Elementary School!
I am very excited to welcome you to Lawrence Elementary! It is truly my pleasure to be a part of this amazing team and partner with you to help your children achieve in all areas. We know that school is a place where students learn and practice academics and more!
We are committed to partnering with our families in order to build the academic skills and personal skills that prepare our students for the brightest possible future.
At Lawrence, our dedicated and collaborative teachers use research-based strategies to ensure students receive the instruction they need to help them learn and grow. In addition, we support and encourage students to develop personal skills such as perseverance, motivation, and positive and respectful interactions that will help them become responsible and productive members of society.
Our parents are an extremely important part of our Lawrence community. There are many opportunities for involvement. We appreciate all that our parents do for our students, school, and community.
I have been an educator for over 20 years and this is my fourth year as principal here at Lawrence. I enjoy being outdoors and active, and long-distance trail running is one of my favorite activities. I have two children, ages 12 and 23 and we enjoy cooking together and finding new places to eat!
On behalf of the Lawrence staff, we thank you for your involvement and support, and look forward to a fun and productive year together with lots of opportunities for learning and growing!
Ms. Julie Kawai, Principal
About Lawrence Elementary School:
- Lawrence Elementary was proudly named a 2020 California Distinguished School Award recognizing our exemplary and quality educational programs.
- Lawrence Elementary was named a 2018 California Honor Roll School for high achievement in student success and college readiness.
- Our robust College and Career Mentoring program pairs elementary school students with college mentors who serve as positive role models, help with school work, and promote positive self-esteem.
- Lawrence offers the award-winning Orange County GRIP program. This unique partnership with law enforcement provides tutoring, counseling, mentoring, scholarship incentives, and field trip incentives.
- As part of daily instruction, Lawrence students engage with innovative technology tools and take advantage of 16 Chromebook computer carts, Apple iPads for all Kinder-1st Grade students and assistance from a technology specialist.
- One popular highlight of the strong visual and performing arts program at Lawrence includes a school musical written and directed by school staff.
- Lawrence provides exceptional special education support and boasts an incredible special education support staff.
- Boys & Girls Club supports homework, promotes athletics, and provides enrichment activities after school at no cost
- The 100 Mile Club and Pure Game Soccer Club promotes healthy and active scholars
- All inclusive and supportive school environment includes multi-cultural celebrations
- Strong parental involvement through Parents in Action and parent education meetings
- Highly trained and credentialed staff is dedicated to helping each student reach their full potential
- Yearly field trips bring learning to life outside of the classroom